Fremont Elementary opened the doors of its current location in 1954. The original location was built in 1916 near Union and Eureka Streets. The school was moved in 1954 because of severe damage caused by the earthquake of 1952. The school is named after historical figure John C. Fremont, who was an American Military officer, explorer and politician. Fremont provides excellent educational services to all of its students, which range from Pre-K to 6th grade.
Fremont’s original location, 1940’s.
Aerial picture of current location upon completion in 1954.
Fremont School circa 1970’s.
Students enjoying a day at Fremont, 1983.
Students working on a classroom project, 1998.
Science class! (1998)
FREMONT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
John C. Fremont
607 Texas Street
Bakersfield, CA 93307
Absent Line 631-4591
REGULAR DAY BELL SCHEDULE
|Cafeteria Open for Breakfast|
|12:51pm||Kindergarten Dismissal time|
|2:12pm||Dismiss Grades 1-3|
|2:22pm||Dismiss Grades 4-6 Magnet and After School Programs begin|